Table of Contents
What are the Best Car Batteries?
I bet some of you were thinking a battery is just a battery, right?
But, just as each human being is uniquely different, Car batteries are also unique to other vehicle brands in the market today. Therefore, the next time you are cruising down central park blasting your stereo, remember it’s all thanks to your car battery.
Finding the best car battery brand is essential in ensuring the car engine’s efficiency.
To make this easier for you, this article contains a list of what we believe are the best car battery brands from the multitude of battery brands available in the market today.
We compared the top brands to give you a description of what to expect from each one. We also reviewed under which circumstances they are best used to inform you and help you make a better buying decision.
After that, we conducted a poll to garner insights from other car owners about which car battery brands they prefer.
Our poll results will be compared with our reviews in a bid to give an unbiased comparison based on real-life user experiences. We believe this is the best way to know what is best suited for your car battery needs.
The introduction talks about the types of car batteries and why they are essential.
It also talks about how we will be reviewing different car battery brands and doing a poll to get more user insights.
This is useful for readers who want to purchase new batteries and need help making a decision based on facts rather than opinions alone.
Are you looking for a brand of Car Battery that is durable and efficient?
Battery Council International estimates that there are about 17 car batteries manufactured per second.
In addition, Technomic Inc., a Chicago-based food industry consulting firm, reported to the Wall Street Journal in April of 2008 that Americans spend about $2 billion on replacement car batteries.
With this statistic, it becomes essential to note that there are different types of car batteries available in the market today.
We have great news for you! In this article, we review the best battery brands in the market.
We also give recommendations on which type of batteries to use under specific circumstances.
You can find out how to get more from your vehicle’s battery and how to maintain it more efficiently.
Just continue reading and we will help you make a better buying decision!
A battery is the primary source of power for an engine.
There are many types of car battery brands on the market, but it all comes down to what type of battery is best for your vehicle and your budget.
We know cars, and vehicle batteries, because we’ve had our fair share of experience with them.
A Car Battery helps an Electric Starter Motor turn the engine over and start your car up, so you’ll need a new one before you can get behind the wheel of your favorite ride again.
If you drive short distances and don’t leave the headlights on, chances are your battery will be just fine.
But if it’s been a few weeks since you’ve driven around in your car, or if it’s Wintertime and the temperatures are below freezing, then there is a good chance that your battery will need to be replaced.
The ODYSSEY Performance Battery is one of the most popular car battery brands in 2020-2021.
It uses 99% pure lead for the plates, which means more cranking power than conventional batteries.
Top Features & Benefits
• Its intricate design encompassing robust intercell connections and compressed AGM plate separators allows it to be vibration-resistant and spillage-free.
• It’s maintenance-free thanks to its dry cell design with a perfectly resealable ventilation system.
• Has a 4-year full replacement warranty.
• It has a non-spillage design that allows for mounting flexibility. You can mount it from any position except when it is inverted.
Its intricate design encompasses robust intercell connections and compressed AGM plate separators allow it to be vibration resistant and spillage-free.
You can mount it from any position except when it is inverted.
The ODYSSEY Performance Battery is a 12 volt AGM battery with a Cold Cranking Amp of 725.
It boasts engine cracking pulses of up to 1300 Amps in only 5 seconds, making it efficient even in extremely low temperatures.
Convenient, right? It also has a full replacement warranty of up to 4-years- not pro rata. A fast recharge efficiency gives 100% recharge in less than 6 hours.
The AGM Range is ideal for highly advanced stop-start vehicles, high-end luxury vehicles with higher electrical accessory loads, or performance vehicles requiring a higher CCA starting battery with improved cyclic ability.
The Optima batteries are categorized into RedTop, YellowTop, and BlueTop lines. They boast SPIRALCELL & PUREFLOW TECHNOLOGY®, making them 15 times more resistant to vibrations and have three times the lifespan of other conventional batteries.
You can therefore take your vehicle for a spin on both regular and off-road adventures.
Its compact design makes the mounting and installation a walk in the park. You can virtually mount it from any position.
Top Features & Benefits
- You can easily mount it in virtually any position.
- It is maintenance-free. All you need to do is inspect it occasionally to ensure it is clean and protected from external elements.
- Has three times longer life compared to conventional batteries. This is mainly due to using a high-purity lead grid and a completely sealed-off design that prevents water loss.
- Practically spill-proof thanks to the Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) separators that firmly hold the electrolyte.
- They are up to 15 times more vibration-resistant thanks to proprietary SPIRALCELL & PUREFLOW TECHNOLOGY®
This 12-volt battery offers 800 cold-cranking amps, therefore, ensuring a solid starting burst even during extreme weather conditions.
It weighs in at 38.80. Despite being labeled a starting battery, the Optima RedTop does feature a 100-minute reserve capacity @ 25Amps for stable performance.
It is designed for marine, heavy equipment, RV underhood applications, and diesel-powered cars without aftermarket electronics.
If your vehicle has many electronic accessories like DVD players, inverters, winches, or powered sliding doors, then THE YELLOWTOP® ADVANTAGE line may be a better fit for you.
This is thanks to the deep-cycle power it offers hence allowing you to enjoy all of your electronic accessories even when your vehicle is off.
Why you should go for Optima Batteries
Optima batteries are a perfect choice for powering your vehicle.
This battery brand offers superior starting power in all weather conditions, thanks to their SpiralCell technology.
It’s quality engineering includes corrosion-resistant cables, vibration resistance, and leak-proof design.
Optima battery specifications keep the battery from overheating or losing charge when in use for long periods. This means Optima Batteries will always perform when you need it most.
The brand has everything you want in a battery, including high performance, extended life, and consistent starting power. This along with being environmentally friendly.
So if you’re looking for a great replacement car battery brand, Optima is a perfect choice because they’re built better, so they last longer.
ACDelco Gold B24R Hybrid battery has an Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) design that allows for high cycling capabilities.
The valve-regulated oxygen recombination technology provides up to three times the cycle life of conventional battery brands.
As a bonus, its leak-proof pressurized valve system prevents acid and dry-out damage to the terminals.
By offering just 325 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA), the ACDelco Gold B24R needs to be stored in more regulated temperatures.
ACDelco Gold B24R Hybrid batteries offer lower cold-cranking amps than most other car batteries available on the market. However, this is offset by its extended cycle life and corrosion-resistant technologies.
This makes ACDelco a good choice for anyone who requires less starting power but wants more endurance.
Top Features & Benefits
• Possesses high cycling capabilities.
• Offers up to three times the life of conventional batteries.
• Sealed-off design prevents water loss.
• It has glass mat separators that hold the electrolytes firmly in place, thus making it immune to leaks and spillage.
• Has a valve-regulated oxygen recombination mechanism which aids in reducing water loss hence offering a maintenance-free overall performance.
• It is durable thanks to the constant pressure applied on the plates. This ensures your vehicle stays up and running for longer while on your safari or daily spin.
The ACDelco Gold B24R battery in the Advantage AGM series is specially designed to fit most Toyota Prius models.
It is a 12 Volts battery with both Lead-Acid and AGM technology, and the purchase comes inclusive of a 24-month warranty. Check Price here
If you are in the market for a durable car battery, then look no further. The ACDelco Gold B24R Hybrid Vehicle AGM BCI Group 51 Battery
This ACDelco Gold B24R battery is a fantastic buy.
It’s great for trucks, SUVs, and other types of heavy-duty vehicles (where it’s needed most) because of its rugged construction and reliable performance.
ACDelco is well known for their batteries – I’ve used them before in my car – they’re reliable and great for starting up even the coldest days.
This ACDelco Gold B24R battery is no different. But, of course, since it’s ACDelco, you know that this ACDelco Gold B24R battery will have a solid warranty behind it.
It’s batteries are backed by an incredibly reliable 3-year full replacement warranty to ensure you have peace of mind.
ACDelco has a great reputation for being a well-known, trusted brand, and their ACDelco Gold B24R battery is no different – ACDelco batteries are powerful and reliable to keep your vehicle going strong for as long as possible.
ACDelco Gold B24R battery Maintenance tips (referenced directly from ACDelco company website)
- New batteries should be given a full charge before use.
- For best battery life, batteries should not be discharged below 80% of their rated capacity. In addition, proper battery sizing will avoid excessive battery discharge.
- Recharge battery at every opportunity, bring back to full charge at the earliest opportunity.
- Inactivity can be extremely harmful to all lead-acid batteries. ACDelco recommends the following for seasonal use:
- Completely charge the battery before storing.
- Remove all electrical connections, including series/parallel connectors.
- Store in a cool (not below freezing) place.
- When not in use, boost every two months.
- Check the battery as part of regular vehicle maintenance.
- Keep battery terminals clean and free of corrosion.
- To remove corrosion from terminals use a terminal brush.
- Check the alternator and make sure that it is not charging too high or low. If the alternator is not charging properly, it will cause the battery to not charge correctly and cause deterioration.
- Avoid exposing the battery to extreme heat whenever possible.
- Turn off other electrical accessories (stereos, internal lights, etc.) when they are no longer required to save electrical energy.
- A battery not in use tends to run down and create sulfate deposits. Therefore, after your battery has been filled and charged, you must keep it adequately charged either by running the vehicle or using an independent battery charger.
What’s not to love about DieHard batteries? Diehard Platinum AGM batteries are a great choice and are intricately tailored for today’s power-hungry vehicles.
The DieHard brand has been making automotive and industrial lead-acid batteries for over 100 years.
DieHard is a trusted brand that provides quality products at an affordable price and free replacement warranties.
The DieHard sports car battery offers the premium quality that DieHard is known for and the reliability and value that every driver demands.
These batteries are engineered to provide up to 2 times the life span compared to the standard flooded battery.
As a result, it is ideal for vehicles that embrace the start-stop technology and those that have high-demand electrical accessories like backup cameras, navigation systems, among others.
DieHard Platinum AGM batteries have the Stamped Grid technology, which features a stronger and more durable positive and negative grid design.
DieHard Platinum AGM batteries offer a long list of benefits.
Top Features & Benefits
- It serves as a portable power source.
- Advanced glass mat technology for prolonged performance life cycle.
- Features tough steel cases with vibration resistance and tight seal construction.
- All DieHard batteries meet or exceed original equipment specifications and pass rigorous testing standards.
- Completely rebuildable to ensure maximum uptime and durability and can be rebuilt an average of five times.
- They are designed to provide up to 2x the life vs. a standard flooded battery with exceptional starting power in extreme climates.
- AGM technology is incorporated in its design to meet and exceed starting and reserve capacity power requirements for vehicles.
- It is practically maintenance-free and has a non-spill-able design that allows for installation in any location.
- Its robust design offers exceptional performance during high temperatures while still maintaining reliable starting power in cold weather conditions.
- The car battery brand also has stamped grid technology that helps minimize corrosion that leads to premature battery failure.
The DieHard Platinum AGM Battery, Group Size H5, 680 CCA comes with free automotive battery testing, recycling, plus free installation on most batteries upon purchase.
Regular Price $209.99
Core charge (refundable) +$22.00
Regular Price Plus Core $231.99
DieHard Platinum AGM batteries provide the same high performance and reliability at a fraction of the cost. In addition, dieHard AGM batteries can be rebuilt up to 5 times and last twice as long as non-rebuildable batteries.
Diehard Platinum AGM is completely rebuildable.
It is designed to protect against corrosion and prevent leakage for up to four times longer than other batteries, so they last even longer.
DieHard AGM provides the perfect combination of long service life and completely rebuildable design for drivers who want to get more from their battery.
DieHard also offers a premium free replacement warranty that includes a credit toward purchasing a new DieHard product of equal or greater value.
This is a 12-volt battery that offers 850 cold-cranking amps, therefore, ensuring a strong starting burst even during extreme weather conditions.
It weighs 10.4 pounds with dimensions of 12.2 x 10.2 x 10.2 inches.
The reliability of their products is evident in the lengthy standard warranty that comes attached, which reaches as high as 4-years with free replacements.
Bosch battery has four dedicated lines of batteries that include S3 Value Performance, S5 Premium Power, S4 Quality Performance, and S6 High-Performance AGM.
It offers an intense starting burst even during extreme weather conditions, making it one of the most powerful Bosch batteries.
It has a very extended warranty attached to its purchase.
This gives customers the luxury of knowing that they will be taken good care of if they encounter an issue with their Bosch car battery.
Bosch batteries are well known for their durability and high performance. This is why Bosch has dedicated itself to offering a line of these powerful batteries for every need that presents itself.
Bosch’s dedication to customer satisfaction is top-notch, ensuring that every Bosch Car Battery purchase is secure.
- Up to 2 times longer life span than conventional starter batteries thanks to the extra robust connections located on the inside.
- These batteries provide constant power even for short trips, high consumption in stationary mode, and stop-and-go traffic moments.
- It boasts the latest technology for start/stop applications.
- They come with a lengthy standard warranty attached. That is a 4-year free replacement warranty.
- They also have flushed tops that allow for minimized risk of acid leakage.
The Bosch battery brand is backed by the Bosch Roadside Assistance program that Auto Road Services provide.
If you are in the market for a Bosch S6590B Battery, Check the latest Price here.
The Bosch S3 battery is the right choice for older vehicles with less electrical equipment and small engines.
The S4 version is an all-around battery that focuses on mid-size vehicles with an average number of electrical accessories.
Bosch S5 batteries are ideal for high-end, top-of-the-range cars, including imported, upper-class domestic, and vehicles with many electrical consumers.
Why you should ONLY buy the best car battery brands
- The best Car battery brands can help keep your car adequately powered.
- They offer you affordable high performance.
- The best brands offer completely new options in power generation.
- The Best Batteries are built with improved features and functionality for even greater convenience.
1. What are the best car batteries?
The best car batteries are the best option for powering RVs, boats, scooters, ATVs, golf carts, etc.
They are specifically designed to provide maximum output while lasting longer than traditional wet cell flooded lead acid, or AGM sealed maintenance-free dry cell battery options.
The best car battery offers an excellent combination of efficiency and durability.
2. How do I choose the right car battery?
Since car batteries are designed for different applications, it is best to research the specific vehicle and battery needs before purchasing.
Keep in mind that the best ones will last longer if they are changed regularly and not left discharged.
3. Are the best car batteries better than starting batteries?
Starter batteries typically provide less CCA (cold cranking amps) and AH (amp hours) than engine starter batteries which is used for both starting and deep cycle applications.
When choosing among the best car battery options, you should consider your application.
Checking your owner’s manual or asking an expert can help you select the right best car battery.
4. What kinds of batteries are there?
There are car battery options for virtually every type of application, including Starting batteries, Marine batteries, AGM motorcycle batteries, Golf cart batteries, Dual-purpose truck batteries, and Forklift batteries.
5. What is the average lifespan of the best car battery?
Typically, standard wet cell flooded lead-acid batteries last anywhere from three to five years.
Deep cycle batteries typically last up to twice as long, but some can even last up to seven or eight years.
6. Are all the best car batteries created equally?
Although there are different car battery options on the market today, most brands follow similar warranty periods and performance standards.
7. How do I tell which best car battery best suits my needs?
Choosing the best batteries requires identifying the specific vehicle you plan on using them for, reading the best car battery reviews, and checking the best prices.
A few weeks of research can help ensure that you choose the best car battery.
8. What is the average price range for the best car batteries?
Typically, the average price range for the best batteries varies depending on battery type.
For example, a typical price range of motorcycle batteries starts at $50, and the best engine starter batteries start around $150.
These prices are subject to change based on availability and location; however, you can get a great deal by shopping online.
9. How do I get the most out of my best batteries?
To increase your battery’s lifespan, you should make sure to read the best car battery reviews and stay within your car battery’s amperage draw.
Charging your engine starter batteries more often is also recommended.
10. Should I use the best car batteries or reusable best solar panels?
The best solar panels are recommended for most people because they provide virtually unlimited energy without hazardous waste byproducts.
However, some people who frequently travel or spend extended periods away from their place of abode may benefit from the dependable power supply of the top-rated car batteries.
By understanding each option’s pros and cons, you can decide which options are best for your situation.
What to look for in the best Car Battery Brands
In a world where most people rely on electricity to power their cars, it is essential to have a dependable car battery.
When you buy car batteries, look for ones that have been tested and verified by third-party organizations.
The best batteries should also be sold at an affordable price and offer free shipping within the United States.
In addition, If you plan on replacing your car batteries with the same make and model, choose one from a company that offers a warranty with its product in case anything goes wrong with it.
When looking online, only purchase from websites with customer reviews since they allow you to hear what real users of these products think before committing to buying one.
While the best car batteries can be pricey, it’s best not to buy cheap imitations with lower specifications for the sake of saving money.
They will only end up breaking down and causing you more stress in the long run.
There are many types of batteries on the market, such as Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) that feature Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) or Gel batteries that use lead calcium grids and high purity lead plates.
If your battery is hard to start during cold weather, choose the best batteries with a higher CCA rating.
On the other hand, if you live in an extremely hot area, look for the best batteries with low-temperature cranking amps.
Consumers want the best batteries because they will be a good investment.
Unfortunately, car batteries lose their charging ability as they age. The best batteries guarantee that the driver can drive for a long time without recharging.
Car Battery buyers who have no idea how to check their car battery or want to avoid any possible dangers involved in testing the battery themselves should go with these best-rated car battery brands we have reviewed in this post.
The best car batteries also come with a warranty. This ensures that customers can return them without being out of pocket if anything goes wrong with the car battery.
To buy the best batteries, you have to check your manufacturer’s guide to see what kind of replacement battery is recommended by your vehicle’s manufacturer.
In addition, also confirm the physical dimensions of the battery you are replacing with the guide.
Additionally, the best batteries have a higher CCA rating than their less expensive counterparts.
Also, the best car batteries will often come with roadside assistance.
For the best battery brands, consumers should check out an online retailer like Amazon. They can read reviews from other customers who have tried the battery before and see what warranty they come with.