Air fryers offer a healthier alternative to deep frying and can be used to cook various foods. But what if you could have the best of both worlds?
What if you could get an air fryer and a microwave in one appliance? That’s where microwave air fryer combos come in.
These nifty little devices combine an air fryer’s cooking power with a microwave’s speed and convenience, making them a popular choice and essential item for busy families & households.
But how do you know which microwave air fryer combo is right for you?
If you’re in the market for a microwave air fryer combo, you’ve come to the right place. This post will discuss the ten best microwave air fryer combos.
We will look at each microwave air fryer combo and discuss what makes them so great. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What Is a Microwave Air Fryer Combo?
Your kitchen is probably full of appliances that do the same thing. For example, you have a toaster, microwave, and oven to cook food.
So what’s the point of an air fryer microwave combo? A microwave air fryer combo is a kitchen appliance that combines the best features of an air fryer and a microwave.
An air fryer uses hot air to cook food, while a microwave uses electromagnetic waves. Combining these two cooking methods results in food being cooked evenly and thoroughly.
Benefits of Air Fryer Microwave Combos
One of the most significant advantages of an air fryer microwave combo is that it can cook food faster than either an air fryer or a microwave alone. Additionally, an air fryer microwave combo cooks multiple items at once, which is perfect for busy families or large groups.
How We Selected the Best Air Fryer Microwave Combo
With so many models on the market, it can be tough to decide. Fortunately, we’ve done the hard work for you.
We’ve scoured air fryer microwave combo reviews, talked to experts, and consulted with technicians to find the best air fryer microwave combo. We considered factors like cooking performance, energy efficiency, and overall user satisfaction to narrow down our choices, and we’re confident that our picks are the best.
So we’ve got you covered whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly option or the crème de la crème of air fryer microwave combos.
The 10 Best Air Fryer Microwave Combos
The Panasonic HomeChef 4-in-1 Microwave Oven with Air Fryer is a countertop powerhouse that offers a wide range of cooking options in a compact package. For example, you can create crispy dishes with convection baking without needing a deep fryer.
The air fryer feature uses hot air to cook food quickly and evenly. At the same time, the FlashXpress broiler allows you to brown and caramelize food for added flavor.
The inverter microwave technology cooks food evenly and thoroughly, and the easy-clean interior makes cleanup a breeze. If you’re looking for a multi-oven solution or a compact option for small spaces, the Panasonic HomeChef 4-in-1 Microwave Oven is an ideal choice.
- The Ultimate All-In-One Multi-oven: It’s a countertop microwave, broiler, air fryer, and convection oven all in one! Use each function alone or combined for delicious meals every time.
- Healthy Air Fryer Mode: Quickly circulates hot air around the food, producing crispy, brown results; no preheating is required in this air fry mode.
- Smart, Even Cooking Power: 1000-Watt Panasonic inverter microwave technology for smart, even defrosting, reheating, cooking, & warming; Genius Sensor Cook, Turbo Defrost, and other dedicated settings for easier cooking.
- Sleek, Space Saving Design: Large capacity, small overall footprint – 22″ W x 13.4″ H x 17″ D with 14.2″ turntable; place on a countertop or make it a built-in microwave oven with the optional trim kit (NN-TK81KCS).
- Use as a primary or second Oven: Use the Convection Bake function up to 425°F, with or without preheating, for baking and roasting. FlashXpress Broiler is perfect for toasting, browning, and crisping.
- Dimensions– 14.97″ D x 15.36″ W x 9″ H.
- Perfect for combination cooking.
- Cookbook included.
- Free exclusive recipes on the drop app.
- Included accessories- Airfry basket, Wire rack, enamel tray,
- Child lock (Press the stop/reset button 3 times to lock the oven).
- Built-in trim kit not sold with the appliance.
- The interior lighting is a bit shaded in case you like to see the food that is cooking.
It’s pricier than the other microwave air fryer combos because of the multi-functions, but we believe it’s worth the buy. We found that its air fry time is longer than that of the free-standing air fryers by like 10 minutes.
On the other hand, we like the optional trim kit (sold separately) that allows it to be integrated into cabinets if you want more room in your kitchen.
The Cuisinart AMW-60 3-in-1 microwave air fryer oven is a versatile appliance used for microwaving, air frying, and baking. It has easy presets for popular foods, auto cook, and power levels for precision cooking.
The microwave function defrosts, reheats, or cooks, and the air fry function for crispy, fried foods with little to no oil. The bake function makes cakes, cookies, pizza, and more.
This microwave air fryer oven is an excellent option for those who want the convenience of a microwave with the versatility to air fry and bake.
- A 3-in-1 1500-Watt AirFry/Oven and a 700-Watt Microwave with 11 power levels, auto-cook, defrost by time or weight, and Convection Oven.
- The sleek touchpad controls with a white LED display on this microwave oven gives you plenty of space to cook up 2-pounds of wings or bake up to a 4-pound chicken.
- It comes with a child lock to keep your children safe while cooking, an oven light to help you see what you are doing, adjustable time and temperature to make it fit your needs, and preset options. In addition, the stainless steel interior will not absorb any smells, so your oven will always smell fresh and easy to clean.
- Rotating glass tray, airfry basket, and bake/drip pan included.
- 3-year warranty.
- Dimensions– 14.4″D x 17.9″W x 13.8″H.
- The glass turntable is brittle under high heat and can potentially break- We strongly advise taking out the turntable plate when using the air fryer/convection oven; the turntable should be inside only when using the microwave function.
- We found its microwave function not as efficient as the air fryer function; the microwave takes a little longer to heat food compared to a regular microwave.
If you want an all-in-one cooking appliance but don’t want to spend much money, look into this Cuisinart appliance. It functions as a microwave, air fryer, and oven.
The price is also very reasonable for what it does. It’s the perfect solution for those who want to free up counter space and cook more quickly.
This oven can be used as a microwave, air fryer, or convection oven, making it the perfect appliance for those who like to have options. The TotalFry 360 technology allows you to air fry with little oil for healthier meals.
At the same time, the humidity sensor ensures that your food doesn’t dry out. Plus, the weight defrost function makes it easy to thaw frozen food. So whether you’re reheating leftovers or cooking a meal from scratch, check out this oven.
- AirFry & Oven Functions: Adjustable Time and Temperature, Preset Options.
- Sleek Touchpad controls with white LED display.
- Convenient Child Lock Option.
- 0.6-cubic-foot capacity.
- 1500W AirFry/Oven; 700W Microwave.
- Oven Light to view your progress.
- Included accessories- Air Fryer kit, baking & roasting pan.
- Dimensions– 55.9D x 55.9W x 31H cm.
- The turntable makes a grinding noise.
The combi-speed cooking is what stands this kitchen appliance out. It combines the power of True Convection cooking with the speed of microwave cooking.
This combination creates delicious dishes with optimum texture and taste. In addition, the Speedwave Microwave also features innovative technology that automatically adjusts the cooking time and temperature based on the type of food.
You might also like to check out – The 5 Best Air Fryer Toaster Ovens of 2023
This combo microwave air fryer combo comes with a steel finish and preset menus for all your cooking needs. It also features combination cooking, so you can easily defrost, reheat, and make popcorn.
It also has an odor-removal function to keep your kitchen smelling fresh. And if that’s not enough, it also has an Eco+ mute function for those late-night cravings.
- 8-in-1; 7-in-1; 6-in-1 Multifunctional Microwave- appliance has multi-functions of microwave, air fry, bake(convection), broil (grill), combi.,
- Odor removal.
- Air Fryer Microwave Combo.
- 12.4-inch removable turntable that can fit a whole roasted chicken, 12-inch pizza, and 8*4-inch casserole.
- Classic black stainless-steel finishes with an easy-to-clean stainless-steel interior.
- Dimensions– 20 x 20.5 x 12.8 inches.
- Wattage– 1000 watts.
- Child lock available.
- The key panel lettering has poor contrast because there is no backlight on the control panel, making the touchpad barely readable.
It is a versatile appliance that can do everything from reheating your coffee to defrosting a frozen pizza. One of its standout features is the noise-canceling function, which ensures that your kitchen remains quiet even when the microwave is running.
The Breville Combi Wave 3-in-1 Microwave Air Fryer Toaster Oven is a powerhouse of a kitchen appliance. It has a convection oven for baking, an air fryer for healthier frying, and an inverter microwave for faster cooking.
Plus, it comes with the Element iQ system, which automatically adjusts the cooking time and temperature for perfect results.
With the fast combi mode, you can cook food faster than ever. So if you’re looking for a versatile and easy-to-use kitchen appliance, the Breville Combi Wave 3-in-1 is a perfect choice.
- 19 built-in smart presets, including Smart Cook, Smart Reheat, and Smart Defrost, the Combi Wave 3 in 1
- Power Smoothing Inverter technology.
- Wattage– 1400 watts.
- Dimensions– 51.8D x 53.3W x 53.3H cm
- Capacity– 1.1 Cubic feet.
- Smart Element IQ system.
- Some users complained that the air fryer function is not as efficient as a free-standing air fryer.
- No child lock.
If you’re looking for a versatile and easy-to-use kitchen appliance, the Breville Combi Wave 3-in-1 is a perfect choice. We also like it because the Element iQ system automatically adjusts the cooking time and temperature to create the ideal cooking environment.
The GE Profile PEB9159SJSS 22 Countertop Convection/Microwave Oven in Stainless Steel is a high-end appliance that boasts convection cooking and sensor cooking controls. This oven is ideal for those who want the best of both worlds regarding cooking flexibility and precision.
The convection feature allows you to cook food evenly and quickly, while the sensor controls ensure that your food is cooked perfectly every time. In addition, the oven comes with many other features that make it an excellent choice for any kitchen.
These include an Auto & Time Defrost, Combination Auto Cook, and a display On/Off function. With so many features, it’s no wonder this oven is one of the most popular on the market.
- Countertop Microwave.
- Wattage- 1000 watts.
- Capacity- 1.5 cu ft.
- Two removable oven racks.
- Dimension- 53.6 x 50.8 x 30.7 cm
Are you tired of juggling multiple appliances just to make a delicious, healthy meal? Look no further than the Panasonic HomeChef 7-in-1 Compact Oven! With its convection bake and air fryer capabilities, you can cook your favorite meals and snacks to perfection with precise temperature control.
But that’s not all – the added steam function allows for light, irresistible cakes and cookies with a beautiful browned finish. And with two levels of steam, you can make mouthwatering vegetables and tender proteins that retain their nutrients.
Say goodbye to greasy fries and hello to crispy, healthy classic favorites. Even stews and soups for the whole family can be made in this compact oven, eliminating the need for a separate appliance.
And cleanup is a breeze – the steam function even self-cleans the oven and sanitizes utensils and baby bottles. With 18 auto-cook menu options, dinner is as easy as the push of a button. And with a spacious 0.7 cu. Ft. interior, you can even fit a 10” pizza, whole fish, or small chicken.
Plus, the large display and four-button operation panel make it easy to cook your favorite dishes quickly. And with the large 27 fl. oz. water tank, you can steam cook for up to 60 minutes. And when you’re finished, simply wipe down the stainless steel inner cavity.
Four oven cleaning programs are also included. Plus, two oven racks and two metal trays are included, so you can cook even more at once – perfect for families! Upgrade your cooking game with the Panasonic HomeChef 7-in-1 Compact Oven.
- This remarkable oven offers a powerful variety of cooking and preparation options – from Convection Bake, Steam-Convection bake combination, and Airfry to Slow Cook, Ferment, or even Sanitize. With 7 functions within one device, you can craft new recipes and enjoy the healthier version of your favorite dishes!
- Unlock a Whole New Level of Flavor and Texture: Get precision temperature control with convection mode; Two racks ensure even, consistent heat distribution for efficient cooking and baking; Experience steam-enhanced culinary creations such as fluffier cakes and juicier meats with our Steam Convection feature.
- Enjoy two levels of flavorful cooking with Smart Steam and low-oil meals and snacks through healthy Air Fry. Meanwhile, Stew Slow Cook offers the convenience of set-it-and-forget-it convenience, while Ferment mode provides homemade yogurt or even canning! With nutrients locked in for all these options, you know your food is packed full of flavor and goodness.
- This countertop oven is easy to use and has a large LED display. You can use it to make quick and flavorful meals like homemade pizza, wings, vegetables, chicken, fish, eggs, cookies, and cake.
- Spacious Interior That’s Easy to Clean: Enjoy the convenience of cooking a 10-inch pizza, whole fish, or small chicken with this 0.7 cu ft oven! Once cooled down, its interior easily wipes clean and can even be sanitized using high-temperature steam – perfect for disinfecting not only your oven but also bottles and utensils.
- Although it doesn’t feature a microwave, the steam function within this appliance can produce similar results!
We like that the Panasonic HomeChef 7-in-1 Compact Oven is a versatile and efficient appliance that allows for precise temperature control and cooking methods like convection bake, air fryer, and steam. The steam function also offers the added bonus of self-cleaning the oven and sanitizing utensils and baby bottles. The large display and four-button operation panel make it easy to use, and the oven also comes with 4 oven-cleaning programs.
This Air Fryer Toaster Oven combo features Air Fryer technology, and 11 presets so that you can cook just about anything with the touch of a button. The Air Fryer function works by circulating hot air around the food, resulting in crispy, evenly cooked food without needing much oil.
With the addition of the recipe book, you’ll have access to 100 delicious recipes that are sure to impress your friends and family. Plus, with the six included accessories, you’ll have everything you need to start your culinary adventure.
- 11 Presets – Toast, Bagel, Pizza, Bake, Roast, Air Fry, Broil, Cookies, Rotisserie, Dehydrate, and Ferment.
- Smart Cooking – Tap the VeSync app on your smartphone to make delicious meals at the touch of a button, or take advantage of hands-free control of your oven by connecting to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
- Large Capacity – The 32 qt / 30 L oven is large enough to accommodate six slices of toast or a 13-inch pizza.
- Easy Clean – has a non-stick interior for easy cleaning and a removable crumb tray to collect fallen food. Plus, you can watch your baking through the glass door without letting heat escape!
- Included Accessories – Wire Rack, Food Tray, Crumb Tray, Fry Basket, Rotisserie Fork Set, Rotisserie Handle.
- Power – 1800W
- Capacity – Approx. 32 qt / 30 L, 6-Slice Toaster, 13″ Pizza.
- Convection function – The convection fan circulates hot air evenly, so your food will cook faster and more evenly—especially if you like your food crispy. For example, this function is perfect for a rotisserie chicken.
- 30% faster cooking time and 85% less oil.
- 360-degree rapid heat circulation.
- Warranty – COSORI offers a 1-year warranty and lifetime customer support for every product. You can extend your warranty by another year when you register your device online.
- The digital function is hard to operate, be prepared to spend time reading through the manual.
- Faint beeper sound.
It is not a premium appliance. However, for the price of this microwave air fryer combo and its additional rotisserie and Wi-Fi function, we strongly think it’s a great bang for the buck.
This versatile appliance can be used as an air fryer, rotisserie, and convection oven, making it a perfect addition to any kitchen. The generous 10-quart capacity means plenty of room to cook for large groups, and the nine pre-programmed settings make it easy to get the perfect results every time.
- EvenCrisp technology – This oven has advanced technology that drives airflow from the top down, ensuring a perfect golden finish and crispy, tender results every time!
- Rotisserie function – for self-basting and tumble-frying. The top heating element with a fan helps your food cook evenly and bake properly.
- Adjustable temperature ranges from 95 to 400 °F (32 to 205 °C).
- Built-in safety features like Overheat Protection™ and auto-off.
- Power – 1500 watts.
- Touchscreen displays show every detail of the cooking process, from start to finish.
- Included accessories- non-stick drip pan, two perforated cooking trays, rotisserie basket, rotisserie spit and forks, and lift tool.
- Easy to clean.
- Some users have complained about the quality of the rotisserie basket, saying that it’s flimsy and difficult to clean.
The Instant Vortex Pro Air Fryer is a versatile appliance used for various cooking tasks. The 10-quart capacity is large enough to cook a whole chicken or turkey, and the digital control panel makes it easy to select the desired cooking function.
The included recipes are a great starting point for creating mouthwatering meals. In addition, the dishwasher-safe parts make cleanup a breeze.
Overall, the Instant Vortex Pro Air Fryer is an excellent choice for home cooks who want a multi-purpose appliance that can produce delicious results.
The RCA RMW1205 and RCA RMW 1203 is a versatile appliance that cooks a variety of meals. The air fryer function uses hot air to cook food without needing oil, making it a healthier option.
The convection oven bakes, roasts, or broils food. The digital controls make it easy to select the desired settings. The XL capacity is large enough to cook a family-sized meal.
The stainless steel finish looks great in any kitchen. This kitchen appliance is an excellent option for those who want the convenience of multiple cooking functions in one device.
- It can bake, roast, microwave, and convection oven.
- Wattage- 1000 watts.
- Capacity– 1.2 Cu. Ft.
- 10 Power levels.
- 6 One-touch functions.
- Child lock function.
- Dimension– 50.1 x 54 x 30.2 cm
- It doesn’t come with a recipe book/guide.
Not a high-premium combo unit; however, we believe for its price that, it does the job and is value for the money. In addition, it has a smart and eco-friendly appearance.
Types of Microwave Air Fryer Combo
There are two main types of microwave air fryer combos on the market: non-rotating and rotating. Non-rotating models are typically the best cheap microwave and are easier to use, but they can be less effective at evenly cooking food.
Rotating models are more expensive and may require more cleanup, but they do a better job evenly cooking food. So which type of air fryer is right for you?
It depends on your needs and budget. If you want a simple appliance that will get the job done, a non-rotating model may be the way to go. But a rotating model is probably your best bet if you’re looking for the best possible performance.
Guide To Buying Microwave Air Fryer Combos
When it comes to microwave air fryer combos, you should keep a few things in mind before making your purchase. Here is a guide to help you find the best microwave air fryer combo for your needs.
How much space do you have in your kitchen? Suppose you have a large family or entertain often. In that case, you’ll want to ensure the Microwave Air Fryer Combo you choose has a capacity of at least 1 cubic foot.
But even if you don’t entertain often, it’s still important to consider capacity. For example, if you have a smaller kitchen, you’ll want to ensure the Microwave Air Fryer Combo you choose doesn’t take up too much counter space.
Another vital factor to consider is the price. There are many different models on the market, so you will want to find one that fits within your budget. Remember that the features offered can affect the price, so be sure to compare apples to apples when making your decision.
When it comes to microwave air fryer combos, you might want to consider various features. For example, some units come with preset cooking times and temperature settings, while others offer more customization options.
Do you want a unit that includes a built-in cycle for defrosting food? Or do you prefer one with multiple cooking settings? Some models have additional accessories, such as a rotisserie kit or an external fan. Before making your final decision, consider which features are most important to you.
An essential factor to consider when buying a microwave air fryer combo. After all, who wants to spend hours in the kitchen when you can pop something in the microwave and have it ready in minutes?
The best microwave air fryer combos will come with various presets that make it easy to cook your favorite foods with the push of a button. Additionally, look for models with LED lights that make it easy to see what’s cooking inside and clearly labeled buttons that make it simple to choose the proper microwave air fryer settings.
Convenience is important, but it’s not the only factor to consider. Before making your final decision, check out other features like size, capacity, and price.
Air Fryers vs. Microwaves – What’s the Difference?
There are two schools of thought on this; those who believe in the power of the microwave and those who prefer the air fryer. Both have their fans, but which is the better option? Let’s take a closer look at the two cooking methods.
For a reason, the microwave has been a kitchen staple for decades. It’s quick, easy to use, and can be used to cook a variety of foods.
Plus, it doesn’t require additional oil or fat, making it a healthier option than deep frying. However, microwaves have their drawbacks.
Food cooked in a microwave can often come out dry and rubbery, and microwaves don’t work well for browning or crisping food. On the other hand, air fryers are a newer invention. Still, they have quickly gained popularity thanks to their ability to produce crispy, delicious food with little to no oil.
Instead, air fryers circulate hot air around the food, causing it to cook evenly on all sides; this results in food that is crispy on the outside but moist and juicy on the inside – perfect for fried chicken or french fries. However, air fryers can be more expensive than microwaves, and some models can be bulky and difficult to store.
So which is better – air fryers vs. microwaves? The answer depends on your personal preferences. If you’re looking for speed and convenience, go with a microwave. On the other hand, an air fryer is a way to go if you want restaurant-quality fried food without all the extra calories.
How To Use a Microwave Air Fryer Combo
Looking for a way to make your meals healthier? Then you need a microwave air fryer combo to enjoy all your favorite fried foods with less fat and calories. Here’s how to use it:
1. Preheat the air fryer by pressing the “power” button and selecting the desired cooking time and temperature.
2. Place the food in the air fryer basket, ensuring that it is not touching the sides or bottom of the basket.
3. Close the air fryer lid and press the “start” button. The air fryer will start preheating and beep when it is ready to start cooking.
4. When the timer goes off, open the air fryer lid and check on the food. If it is not cooked to your liking, you can select a higher cooking time or temperature or close the lid and let the food continue cooking for a few more minutes.
5. Once the food is cooked, remove it from the air fryer basket and enjoy!
Galanz Air Fry Microwave: How-To Video
FAQs on the Best Microwave Air Fryer Combo
Can I use the microwave and air fryer at the same time?
The answer is yes, but you might not want to. Reheating your food in the microwave first will make it softer and less crunchy while cooking it in the air fryer will produce a crispier texture.
So if you’re looking for that perfect balance of reheated and crunchy, you might be better off sticking to one method. But if you’re in a hurry and need to get your food on the table fast, go ahead and use both functions simultaneously. J
ust know that you might not have the same crispy results as if you had used one method.
What can you cook in an air fryer microwave?
For starters, you can cook up some delicious fried chicken. The air fryer microwave will give the chicken a nice crispy skin while keeping the meat moist and juicy.
You can also use the air fryer microwave to make French fries, onion rings, and other fried foods. In addition, you can use the air fryer microwave for baking cakes, cookies, and pies. These meals legit will save you time and money.
Is a convection Microwave Oven the same as an air fryer?
For starters, a convection microwave oven is not the same as an air fryer. An air fryer uses hot air to cook food, while a convection microwave oven uses microwaves.
Convection microwave ovens also have a fan that circulates the microwaves evenly, so food cooks more evenly than in a traditional microwave oven. However, convection microwave ovens can also be used for tasks typically done in a conventional oven, such as baking and browning.
As a result, convection microwave ovens are incredibly versatile, and these best-rated microwave ovens can be a valuable addition to any kitchen.
Do air fryers use a lot of electricity?
Air fryers circulate hot air around the food, using very little oil; this means they use less electricity than traditional fryers, which need to heat up large quantities of oil. Studies have shown that air fryers use up to 80% less energy than traditional fryers.
So, Microwave air fryers are an excellent choice if you want to save money on your energy bills.
When it comes to microwave air fryer combos, there are many great options to choose from. However, the models we reviewed stand out as the best of the best.
Whichever model you choose, you can be sure that you’re getting a great microwave air fryer combo. Please let us know if you have other brilliant suggestions about the best microwave air fryer combos.